The Robert Fulton Fire Company was dispatched to assist the Quarryville Fire Company on a water rescue in the Octorara Reservoir at 1:16 pm today. Initials reports to Lancaster County 911 were very sketchy but reported that a group of approximately 15 children were in the water.
The Robert Fulton volunteers were busy today handling three emergencies in the first due. The first call came in at 6:59 am for a medical assist with the Wakefield Ambulance Assoc. and SVEMS Medic 7-7-9.
6:39 am The Robert Fulton Fire Company along with the Quarryville Fire Company was dispatched to the early morning chimney fire at 1841 Cherry Hill Rd, in Fulton Township. Chief 5-13 (R.Glick) arrived and found flames showing out the top of the chimney.
4:36 pm The Robert Fulton Fire Company along with the Wakefield Ambulance Assoc. and SVEMS 7-7-9 were dispatched to the intersection of Jubilee Road and Keys Road for the vehicle accident. Chief 5-13 (R.
2:01 pm Robert Fulton volunteers were dispatched as part of the working fire dispatch to assist Quarryville Fire Company for a reported garage fire at Long's Asphalt, 856 Scotland Road. First arriving units found a working fire in the wall and quickly extinguished the flames.
At 3:20 am Robert Fulton volunteers along with the Wakefield Amb. and SVEMS 7-7-9 were dispatched to the area of 102 Grubbs Corner Road for a vehicle accident. Deputy 5-13 (R. Sample) responded and was given the update of one vehicle on its side into a wooded area and unknown injuries.
At 12:04 pm the Robert Fulton Fire Co. along with the Wakefield Ambulance were dispatched to the 1900 block of Lancaster Pike for a vehicle accident with unknown injuries. Deputy 5-13 (R. Sample) responded and was given the update of a vehicle into a garage but that the caller was unsure if there w...
While returning from a previous call, the Wakefield Ambulance came across a vehicle accident on Lancaster Pike, just South of Goshen Mill Road. The EMS crew notified Lancaster 911 of a single vehicle off the roadway and a utility pole sheared off and that they would be out checking on injuries.
Gusts up to 57 miles per hour brought numerous calls for Robert Fulton Volunteers on Friday, February 25, 2011. After a line of rain showers moved through the area, the cold front that followed contained high winds that wreaked havoc on the tri-state area.
9:54 am The slush and snow covered roads caused a SUV and a car to collide, sending one of the vehicles into a building at the intersections of Nottingham Road and King Pen Road. There were no injuries but some damage to the building.
Friday brought two calls for Robert Fulton volunteers. The first call came in at 1:43 pm when Lancaster County 911 received a call for heavy smoke and flames visible from a neighbor in the area of Lancaster Pike and River Road.
5:17 pm The Robert Fulton Fire Company was dispatched for an environmental rescue at 74 Camp Road in Little Britain Township. Deputy 5-13 (R. Sample) responded and was advised by Lancaster County 911 that the caller was reporting they had a horse that had slid into an ice covered pond.
Editors note: January 17, 2011 It has recently been brought to our attention that the dwelling at 69 Green Lane was not the property of Mr. Gorman. He rented the property. We appoligize for any confusion.
Wednesday January 12 turned out to be a busy day for Fulton volunteers. The first call came in at 2:04 pm when the company was dispatched for a reported brush fire at 270 Nottingham Road in Little Britain Township.
At 5:28 am, the Robert Fulton Fire Company along with units from Rising Sun, Water Witch, Darlington, Quarryville, and the Wakefield Ambulance were dispatched to a reported building fire in the 300 block of Mason Dixon Road, Fulton Township.
On November 8th at around 814 hrs, the RFFC, Wakefield Ambulance, and the Community Fire Co. (Rising Sun) for an ambulance were dispatched to the intersection of Robert Fulton Hwy and Black Barren Rd for a vehicle accident with unknown injuries.
On Sunday November 7th, Assistant Chief Christopher Hodgden and FF/Driver Jeff Urbanik traveled in engine 3 to Dublin (Harford Co, MD) to attend the dedication of the Darlington Volunteer Fire Company's House 2.
As the colder months approach, if not already, homes will be heated by oil furnaces, wood stoves, coal stoves, etc. Many of these heating devices are capable of putting off a toxic gas known as carbon monoxide, if not maintained properly.